THE 2nd GLOBAL RESEARCH PLATFORM WORKSHOP
September 20 - 24, 2021
Virtual Online Meeting
The Global Research Platform (GRP) is an international scientific collaboration to create innovative advanced ubiquitous services that integrate resources around the globe at speeds of gigabits and terabits per second, especially for large-scale data-intensive science research. GRP focuses on design, implementation, and operation strategies for next-generation distributed services and infrastructure to facilitate high-performance data gathering, analytics, transport, computing, and storage among multiple science sites at 100 Gbps or higher. GRP community partners are in North America, Asia, Europe, and South America and work together to customize international fabrics and distributed cyberinfrastructure to support optimal data-intensive scientific workflows.
The 2nd GRP Workshop (2GRP) focused on recent and emerging advances in architectures, services, technologies, and infrastructures. Speakers explain how their innovations can directly support global science research. The 2GRP Workshop agenda had seven themes: (a) Next-Generation Research Platforms; (b) Orchestration Among Multiple Domains; (c) Large-Scale Data Transport; (d) High-Fidelity Data Flow Monitoring, Visualization, Analytics, Diagnostics, Event Correlation, AI/ML/DL; (e) Data-Intensive Science and Programmable Networking; (f) Network and Communication Service Automation; and, (g) International Testbeds for Data-Intensive Science.
Because the 2GRP Workshop was held virtually, it was restructured to accommodate global time zones to ensure participation from its research communities. There were two sessions, as described below. Many of the same presentations were given in both sessions; presentations are now posted on the Presentations page.
• North/South America, Europe, September 20-22, 2021
Times listed are CDT (Chicago Daylight Time) and GMT+2 (Innsbruck, Austria)
• Monday, September 20: 8:00am - 1:00pm CDT; 3:00pm - 8:00pm GMT+2
• Tuesday, September 21: 8:00am - 12:30pm CDT; 3:00pm - 7:30pm GMT+2
• Wednesday, September 22: 8:00am - 10:20am CDT; 3:00pm - 5:20pm GMT+2
• North/South America, Asia Pacific, Southeast Asia, September 22-23, 2021 (North/South America) and September 23-24, 2021 (Asia Pacific and Southeast Asia)
Days/times listed are CDT (Chicago Daylight Time) and GMT+9 (Tokyo, Japan)
• Wednesday, Sept 22: 6:00pm - 10:20pm CDT; Thursday, Sept 23: 8:00am - 12:20pm GMT+9
• Thursday, Sept 23: 6:00pm-11-15pm CDT; Friday, Sept 24: 8:00am-1:15pm GMT+9
The Americas’ Research Platform (AmRP) Workshop was held September 24, 8:30am - 1:00pm CDT. AmRP consists of North, Central and South America GRP participants and their key international partners and had its own agenda, distinct from the GRP Workshop.